Vino Vault & Spin the Bottle Game Set
Special Code # Win-Puz2-1
Do you remember the fun and adventure of a treasure hunt when you were young? The Rubik’s Cube puzzle was challenging…..but no reward after all that work! We’ve got something new and unique for you and your wine enthusiast friend. Are you game?
Vino Vault™ wine cryptex, brain teaser/puzzle is the latest adult gift and party game. The seed of inspiration literally came one evening while sitting in a chair, reading the "The Da Vinci Code" and drinking a glass of Shiraz. If you’ve read Dan Brown’s novel, or have seen the movie staring Tom Hanks, you might recall that the cryptex was a combination locking cylinder that held a secret scroll and a vial of vinegar. Any attempt to break into the cryptex would result in the release of the vinegar and destruction of the secret held inside. So why not wine.........eh?
Given along with your bottle of fine wine, Vino Vault provides something totally unique and fun - an adventure as you create your own custom treasure hunt game. The set up of your personal five letter combination word is fairly simple and the online video assembly instructions make it that much easier - for those not mechanically inclined or who hate having to read instructions. Taunt your "friends" however long you like - an evening, a month, a year. Cruel, yes, but fun too. Deliver clues in any number of creative ways. They won't get your wine until they can bust your code. The device fits many standard 750 ml wine bottles, but not everything. Included with the instructions is a bottle size template that will help you select a bottle that will work. Not that you can't think of a five letter word on your own, but there is a code bank to help stimulate ideas. A vintage reward is delivered to the recipient once solved. Combinations can be repeatedly set, and the puzzle "re-gifted", however, they just might just want to hang onto it especially if you include the game set. In addition to it being a great gift, Vino Vault wine cryptex is the center piece to an adult wine drinking party game too.
Us big kids need our fun and games! For a limited time only, purchase of the Vino Vault™ brain teaser puzzle includes the game set Spin The Bottle™ free - You can include some entertainment along with great food and wine at your next dinner party or event. Guests will a bring a food pairing to match their two identical bottles of wine -one for tasting and other to be traded in a trivia based game that is played around a table -similar to Trivial Pursuit or Clue. Bottle labels could be visible or covered for a blind tasting. It's a white elephant wine exchange. Everyone will have fun, eating, tasting wine and playing a game with the opportunity to win and take home their favorite choice wine of the evening. Other game variations are possible.
Whose Taste Next?
This game can be played with just a single bottle of wine.
You could compare it to something along the lines of “liars dice” or “quarters” for wine drinkers. You can play it at home, or even better yet, bring the vault, game set, and a group of your friends to your local wine bar or pub. The game plays similar to standard Spin the Bottle rules, except an open bottle is placed inside the vault. Start everyone off with a small taste before commencing play with the open bottle inside. Play the game as usual, except the person who cracks the code gets the next pour. Continue until you need another bottle. Repeat. Repeat. The person who is winning the most may find her skills decrease as the game progresses. Did I mention that some 750ml bottles of tequila, scotch, or chilled vodka, might also fit?
Clue 4 U
This is a great way to encourage people to socialize and mingle at your next party that has a longer guest list. Place a bottle that you would like to give away as a door prize in the vault and set it up with your chosen five letter code word. Figure out a long list of clues, none of which on their own give away the solution. As guests arrive, give each of them a different clue and let them know that if they would like to win the prize, they’ll have to crack the code by trading clues with other guests and piecing together the solution.
Weddings and Events
At weddings, parties, and events people tend to gravitate and socialize with those that they know, never venturing too far from their assigned reception table. What if there were some means that encouraged people to get up, introduce themselves, and mingle – an ice breaker? Forget the wedding favors, corporate coffee mugs, etc. At this party there will be only one reception gift per table - a nice bottle of wine and the Vino Vault wine cryptex puzzle surrounding it. Only one person per table will walk away with it at the end of the event. If they want it, they’ll have to do a bit of detective work - more rather, participate in a fun social game. And with the chance of winning a premium bottle of wine and a fun puzzle to bring home, why not? It is the proverbial carrot (wine bottle) hung out in front of the horse (human).
At your event, place one Vino Vault wine cryptex at each table. You will have already chosen and set up different code words and inserted bottles into each puzzle. When the guests find their table seating card (name and table assignment), the card will tell them to “look at the reverse side.” On the reverse side will be a different table number as well clue (word or phrase). The clue is associated to the puzzle at that other table. Some clues are obscure and some are easy. No one knows who has clues to the puzzle at their own table.
Along with choosing your code words (you might want to peruse the code bank) and setting the puzzle up with the wine, you will need to come up with the sets of clues for the code words.
Just how many clues will you need to generate?
The number of clues needed for each code word equals number of guests at each table. Ten people per table means ten clues needed per code word. Eight people per table, means eight clues are needed per code word. You'll need a clue for each and every guest.
If it sounds like a lot of work, it really isn’t. Just choose good code words that have lots of alternate meanings or that can be used in many different contexts and then “Google” them. You will have plenty of ideas to generate the clues. See the “choosing a code” word page.
You may choose to start the game during drinks and appetizers (using the table seating cards to start the game earliest in the event). Alternatively you can choose to have separate clue cards placed at table settings. In this case the game would start after guests are seated.
Getting clues for the puzzle at your table requires introducing yourself to others to see if they might have a clue for you. After gathering enough clues, someone will have enough to crack the code at their table. They will take out the bottle and set both next to their place setting - indicating that they have won. The puzzle instructions will be included. Not a bad way to coerce people out of being shy?
Vino Vault Wine Cryptex
Available in a beautiful antique chrome and black nickel plated finish over durable ABS plastic.
VV-AC1 - Antique Chrome - Special Holiday Promotion
Spin the Bottle
Vino Vault companion game
Spin the Bottle is a fun adult dinner party game that allows guests to exchange bottles of wine.
Crack the codes by solving game clues that allow you to open the Vino Vault and capture the bottle inside. Watch out! Unless you have amnesty, someone might capture your bottle. Enjoy good company, food, and wine in a party atmosphere while playing a fun adult game. At the game’s end everyone will take home a different bottle. The better you are at solving clues and cracking codes, the better chance you’ll have at capturing your favorite bottle of the evening.
(1) Spinner Board
(2) Spinner parts
(100) Code Word and Clue Cards, (2) Decks of 50
(1) Game rules / directions sheet
Spin the Bottle is to be played around a table while tasting wine and food pairings at dinner parties or other events. It can be played leisurely during the course of the event with breaks taken to get up and socialize. Although hosts can provide the food & wine, it’s much more fun if guests participate by bringing a food paired to match along with two identical bottles of wine. The theme of the game could center on a particular wine type such as reds, whites, blends, or more to a specific varietal like Merlot, Cab, Shiraz, etc. Themes could include wine regions such as Sonoma, Paso Robles, or appellations like Carneros, Alexander Valley, or McLaren Vale. Not to suggest gambling by any means, you could propose a price range so that you don’t end up with someone bringing (clue: a four letter word typically used to describe something unsavory), unless of course that’s the theme of the party…which could also be interesting.
Disclaimer: THIS GAME IS INTENDED FOR PERSONS OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE ONLY
1. We do not assume liability for those who disobey their local laws in regards to any activity or idea drawn from this site. We makes no representations that the materials contained within this site are appropriate for locations outside the United States or for all states within the United States. Any and all information contained within this site, including but not limited to, products, information, instructions, and services, applies only to those provided or offered within the United States.
2. Spin the Bottle game is intended for responsible adults of legal drinking age who wish to drink wine in new and fun ways. It is intended for entertainment purposes only. In no way does 4Thought Products condone or support the abuse of alcoholic beverages. We believe in moderation and caution when using our products, which is in no way intended to promote binge-drinking, alcoholism, underage drinking, hazing, drunk driving, or any other form of alcohol abuse. The product can be fun and entertaining with non-alcoholic beverages as well.
3. We cannot assume any responsibility for the effect that our content or game may have on people. Every person should consider their health before participating in any game involving alcohol. Once again, our content has been published for the sole purpose of amusement and novelty. Use of the game product and alcohol may be bad for your health and have serious consequences such as personal injury or death.
4. Information on this website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
5. Information on this web site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information may be changed or updated without notice. 4Thought Products may also make improvements and/or changes in the products and/or the services at any time without notice.
6. ALWAYS obey your local, state, federal, and national laws when using our game products. It is simple, if you are too young to drink, DON’T!
7. NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE! Do not operate any mechanism, machinery, automobile, or other equipment that requires coordination. Do not put your life or others in harm’s way. These products were created for the sole purpose of amusement. We do not want you to cause harm to yourself or others.
8. Alcohol can be lethal. Excessive consumption of alcohol is not supported and will cause irreparable harm to your body.
9. Please DRINK RESPONSIBLY!
10. Seek professional help if you have a drinking problem! http://www.aa.org
Vino Vault VV-AC-1 (Antique Chrome over ABS plastic)
Special Offer : Includes Spin the Bottle Game Set free
(Medallion and Wne Bottle Shown For Display Purpose Only / Not Included)
Our prices include S&H within the Continental USA. Contact Us if you live in Puerto Rico, Hawaii or Alaska for shipping cost.